Let’s take a look back at the retro kitchen designs and styles of the 1950s. In that era, this vintage style was the most trendy back then. It has invaded the world especially after WWI and is proven to be still luxurious to most of the homeowners.
The retro artistic movement was inspired by the colors of green nature, yellow and orange. These were the most popular colors of this time, as well as the vivid pink and fuschia color. Since the colors of retro kitchen style are in line with this year’s trend theme, it’ll be an excellent choice. Therefore, if you’re trying to change the style of your kitchen to the vintage retro, you needn’t hesitate about it. Vintage retro decorations and cabinets are easily maintained.
- consider green to yellowish, dark blue and dark orange to reddish with brown or black and white.
- apply irregular geometric patterns on your kitchen floor or walls to really adopt the retro kitchen theme.
- Use materials such as steel, bricks, and wood for a proper retro kitchen design appearance.
- Some open shelves to display dishes, cups and porcelain pieces.
- Get burlap curtains as they do not stick to smells.
Retro Kitchen appliances
What distinguishes the retro kitchen appliances is the unique designs of this period. Which uses the classic pivoting handles, the stamped metal body, the authentic chrome trim, and the unique colors of the retro designs. You can find these retro kitchen appliances easily at the central stores which deal with companies that produce this kind of designs.
Retro kitchen table
You can always use a kitchen table with chrome sides and top surfaces covered with the Formica, peninsula unit with metal and marble worktop. Otherwise, consider using a folding wooden table. It only depends on the materials that you have chosen and your preferences.
Retro kitchen chairs
Despite the variety of styles for retro chairs, wooden and metal would still be the top of the retro chairs styles for the kitchen. Whether this or that, you can always find the perfect suitable chairs with the available materials and the colors of your retro table. However, if you choose the peninsula with metal or marble worktop you will need padded stools to fit with it.
Retro kitchen cabinets
- Bright mint green, mellow yellow, light pink and sky blue colors are the perfect choice for a modern retro cabinet.
- Use the classic pivoting handles for the kitchen cabinets.
- White cabinets and white appliances will also fit the retro design if you added some open shelves to show colorful porcelain pieces with your special collection of mugs and dishes.
- White cabinets give you the chance to change only the cabinets’ doors colors.
- Colorful appliances with white cabinets will help you ensure the retro spirit in the design of your kitchen.